A few weeks ago, CARREIA had a meeting regarding the future of the association. Some very important decisions were made that night. I’d like to go over a few of those with you on this list.
1) It was suggested that we meet every other month instead of every month. That is something that I hadn’t considered but everyone present agreed it was a good idea. So from this month on, CARREIA will meet on the odd months of the year (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov).
2) The day of the month we meet was decided to be on the second Thursday of the month which keeps us from bumping into the holidays we inevitably do every year.
3) Don Hines was elected as Vice President. Kim Hawkinson was elected Treasurer. We still need a Secretary.
4) A new advisory board was put in place. This board will meet periodically to continue discussing the direction of the association.
5) The dues have been raised to $60/year. All dues will be due every year on the first meeting in January. If someone joins the association during the middle of the year, the dues will be prorated. $60/year was decided on because it is easily divided by 12 and 6 to make proration easier.
6) On the “off” months of meeting, social gatherings will be encouraged. Most of them will not be created/arranged by the board or the executive team, but by the members themselves.
If you have not paid your dues for 2011, they will be due in the next meeting, May 12.
I still highly encourage any and all of you to get more involved in the association. This is your group and it needs you. Help make it what you want it to be.